Two Neptune Township men arrested last week after a month-long investigation revealed they were in possession of 600 decks of heroin ready for sale and three guns; a AR-15 assault rifle, a defaced 9mm handgun and a .40-caliber handgun have been released after posting bail, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
Kahil Aziz, 25, already a convicted felon, was released after posting $235,000 bail as set by Neptune Township Municipal Court Judge Robin Wernik. Joel Jones, 30, was released after posting $200,000 bail as set by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Honora O’Brien Kilgallen. No 10% bail option was available to either defendant.
(FREEHOLD) Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni is asking residents to remain on guard for three common phone scams that continue to work their way across the country and within Monmouth County.
“The criminals associated with telephone and online scams are getting more sophisticated and approach consumers with enough legitimate-sounding information to seem credible, even to a savvy consumer. It’s important for the public to be aware of these newest ploys so that they can be on guard to protect their identity and their bank accounts,” Gramiccioni said.
It is tax season and one of the most common scams involves a caller posing as an Internal Revenue Service agent claiming that back taxes are owed. If you are concerned you may owe the IRS back taxes, never provide any information to anyone over the phone. First, call the IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040 to ask about your current tax status. The IRS will send you a letter in the mail, if you owe back taxes. They never make cold calls, and certainly never demand cash or threaten immediate police actions.
FREEHOLD – A pair of Monmouth County Highway Division employees have been arrested and charged with various drug-related offenses, acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni announced Friday. Following a two-month investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force into illegal drug activity at the county public works complex on Center Street, authorities executed a… Read the rest of this entry »
The owner of an Asbury Park daycare center funded by a contract with the city’s Board of Education told the board they hired a janitor for $40,000 but hired an undocumented worker who she paid ‘under the table’ instead, according to a nine count indictment returned by a Monmouth County Grand Jury.
Sylvia Brodrick, 59, of the Oakhurst section of Ocean Township, is the was arrested Tuesday and charged with two counts each of third degree Theft by Deception, third degree Tampering with Public Records, second degree Making False Representations in Payment Claims on a Government Contract, second degree False Material Representation in Connection with Performance of a Government Contract, and one count of third degree Identity Theft. After surrendering to authorities Tuesday morning, Broderick was released by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Anthony J. Mellaci, Jr., J.S.C. pending a future court date, according to a statement by Acting Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.
Ricky Marter, 51, his wife Donna Marter, 48, both of Tennent Road in Manalapan and Christine Bradach, 45, of Freehold Township, were arrested this week following their indictments on Monday on insurance fraud charges, according to a statement issued by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
Ricky Marter was employed by the County of Monmouth as a supervising detention officer at the Monmouth County Youth Detention Center (YDC) in January 2010 when he claims to have slipped on water on the floor of the detention center – hitting his head and elbow as he fell. As a result of the slip-and-fall, Ricky Marter filed for workers’ compensation benefits and subsequently filed for an accidental disability pension with the State of New Jersey, claiming permanent and total disability as a result of his fall.
Kevin Motyka, 23, of Howell Township, was indicted on Friday by a Monmouth County grand jury, according to Acting Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
The 17 count indictment charges Motyka with 2 counts of first degree Aggravated Sexual Assault, 7 counts of second degree Sexual Assault, 5 counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child involving the manufacture and distribution of child pornography; as well as permitting a child to engage in child pornography. Motyka is also charged with 2 counts of third degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child involving sexual conduct and the possession of more than 100 items of child pornography, as well as a lone count of fourth degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child related to possession of child pornography.
A disbarred West Long Branch attorney who was also an Independent candidate for U.S. Senate last month was sentenced to seven years in prison today following his conviction earlier this year on charges of withdrawing funds for personal use from a Court ordered a escrow account and for Contempt of Court, according to Acting Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
Eugene M. LaVergne, 50, was disbarred in November of 2012. He was convicted in October of second-degree Misapplication of Entrusted Funds and fourth-degree Contempt of Court.
A Howell man who was arrested two weeks ago for masturbating in front of a juvenile in the public bathroom at a fast food restaurant on Route 35 in Wall Township is facing a dozen new charges after additional victims were identified, announced Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
Gregory S. Rittman, 49, of Howell Township, was arrested on Friday, Oct. 24, 2014, after authorities received a report from an employee at a McDonald’s that described lewd behavior witnessed by an 8-year-old juvenile, near the sink in the men’s bathroom of the restaurant. Rittman was charged with one count each of second degree Sexual Assault, third degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child, fourth degree Lewdness and a disorderly persons charge of Harassment. He was released after posting $73,000 bail with no 10-percent option, as set by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Teresa A. Kondrup-Coyle, J.S.C.
News of Rittman’s October arrest, which included his picture, prompted three additional victims to come forward.
Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni is asking the public’s help in a identifying the suspect in an attempted armed robbery that occurred in Keyport very early Monday morning,
At about 2:30 am a while male, approximately 5-feet 11-inches tall wearing a dark hoody entered the convenience store at the Shell station at Clark Street in Keyport. The suspect brandished a box-cutter and assaulted the clerk with the weapon and removed a black cash register. He fled the store towards Gerard Street, heading towards the Aberdeen/Matawan border, according to Gramiccioni’s statement.
The surveillance video shows the suspect as he entered the Shell gas station prior to committing the robbery.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to call Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Jose Cruz at 732-921-9733 or Keyport Detective Shannon Torres at 732-264-0706
Arthur Morgan III during a hearing at Monmouth County Court last October. Photo courtesy of Wall.Patch.com
Jury selection for the murder trial of Arthur Morgan III, 29 of Eatontown, started yesterday in Judge Anthony Mellaci’s courtroom in Freehold. Jury selection is expected to continue throughout this week. Opening statements in Morgan’s trail could start as early as Tuesday, March 11, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.
Morgan is accused of murdering his 2-year old daughter, Tierra Morgan-Glover, on November 21, 2011, by tossing her off an overpass on Schoolhouse Road in the Shark River Park section of Wall Township. Tierra’s mother filed a missing persons report after Morgan failed to return his daughter to her mother’s custody as agreed after a visitation scheduled for a few hours. The toddler’s body was discovered by passers-by on November 22, 2011.
Morgan fled the area and was apprehended in San Diego, CA on November 29, 2011. He has been held on $10 million bail in the Monmouth County Correctional Institution since his extradition.