Hope Happens Here
Lunch Break will host its fifth annual Gala, “Hope Happens Here,” celebrating
31 years of dedicated service to the community on Monday, October 20, at the Navesink Country Club, in Middletown NJ. The evening will honor the steadfast commitment to the mission of Lunch Break by several individuals. Specifically, there will be presentations of the “Norma Todd Service Award” to Paul and Margo Hooker, the “Heart to Hand Award” to Inice Hennessy and Pamela Elam, the “Beacon of Service Award” to Carol Ingaro and Leigh Stoecker of Fringe Marketing, and the “Future Charitable Leaders Award” to Katie and Taylor Gill.
2 WONDERFUL WEEKENDS OF ONE-ACTSLynn Humphrey | Filed under: Monmouth County | Tags: bizeturtle, festival, Halloween, october, Spring Lake, Theatre | No Comments »
William Kolibas, Jr was unanimously elected President of the Hazlet Board of Education on Monday evening, according to a statement by Superintendent Bernard F. Bragen, Jr Ed. D.
Kolibas replaces Stephen F. Willig who stepped down after serving on the Board for nine years due to conflicts with his work schedule.
Lauri O’ Leary was elected to replace Kolibas as Vice President.
The Board is seeking a replacement for Willig and hope to appoint the new member at its November 17, 2014 meeting. Interested parties should contact Board Secretary Chris Mullins, CMullins@hazlet.org or 732-264-8401 ext. 1109.Posted: September 24th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Education, Hazlet, Monmouth County, New Jersey | Tags: Bernard F Bragen, Hazlet, Hazlet Board of Education, Lauri O'Leary, Monmouth County, New Jersey, Stephen Willig, William Kolibas Jr | No Comments »
By Greg Kelly
- Englishtown Swap Meet & Auto Show – MORE INFO
- Dinner with the Boys at NJ Repertory Theatre (Long Branch) – MORE INFO
- The School for Wives at TRT (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- I Ought To Be In Pictures at First Ave Playhouse (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
- Open House Square Dance (Lincroft) – MORE INFO
- Juke Joint Jonny & Friends (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Atlantic Highlands Mayor’s Ball – MORE INFO
- Casino Night (Ocean Twp) – MORE INFO
- New 2 You Kids Consignment Sale (Lincroft) – MORE INFO
- Cardboard Box City & Fundraiser (Tinton Falls) – MORE INFO
- 25 Years of Brookdale’s Architecture Program (Lincroft) – MORE INFO
- Lone Shark at The Saint (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Pop-Break.com Anniversary at The Wonder Bar (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Teen Suicide Prevention Forum (Rumson) – MORE INFO
- Energy Assistance Day (Keansburg) – MORE INFO
- Live Harness Racing at Freehold Raceway – MORE INFO
- D-Day Exhibit at NJ National Guard Militia Museum (Sea Girt) – MORE INFO
- Walking Lantern Ghost Tours (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Souper Groove 3 Music & Camping Festival (West Freehold) – MORE INFO
- Asbury Park Ghosts & Legends Walking Tour – MORE INFO
- Bluegrass Mini Golf at Monmouth Park (Oceanport) – MORE INFO
- Downtown Freehold Farmer’s Market – MORE INFO
- Kids Night Out (Fair Haven) – MORE INFO
- Yoga for Adults (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- NJ Run for the Fallen (Holmdel) – MORE INFO
Single mother is facing eviction, electric has been shut off
Shaneen Allen, the 27 year old Philadelphia single mother facing a New Jersey State Prison term for bringing a Pennsylvania licensed handgun into New Jersey has been offered entry into the Pre-Trial Intervention Program, according to a report on NBC10. (H/T Save Jersey)
Atlantic County Prosecutor James McCain issued a statement which said that, upon review, his rejection of Allen’s application to the PTI program was contrary to a 2008 “Graves Act” directive, according to NBC10. Read the rest of this entry »Posted: September 24th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Atlantic City, Atlantic County, Gun Control, Gun Rights, Guns, New Jersey, Shaneen Allen | Tags: Atlantic County Jail, Atlantic County Prosecutor, Gun Control, Gun Rights, James McClain, New Jersey, Second Amendment, Shaneen Allen | 1 Comment »
Sorrentino Brothers Indicted For Tax Exvasion
Michael “The Situation” Sorrentino of Jersey Shore fame and his brother Marc have been indicted on federal charges of failing to pay taxes on $8.9 million income from promotional activities, according to a statement issued by U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman. The brothers are expected to surrender to IRS Criminal Investigation Agents in Newark this afternoon prior to an appearance before in U.S. Magistrate Judge Steven Mannion.
Both brothers are charged with one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States Government and with filing false tax returns for 2010 and 2012. The Situation faces an additional charge of failing to file a tax return for 2011.Art Gallagher | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, IRS, Jersey Shore, Monmouth County, New Jersey, Taxes | Tags: Jersey Shore, Marc Sorrentino, Michael Sorrentino, Mike The Situation Sorrentino, New Jersey | 2 Comments »
Monmouth County’s largest municipality, Middletown Township, has yet again been named one of the best places to live in the United States by Money Magazine.
Strong economics, a clean environment, a highly educated and stable population, low crime and an abundance of leisure, cultural and recreational opportunities clinched the honor for the Township that has also been named the best run municipality in New Jersey by MoreMonmouthMusings for eight consecutive years.Art Gallagher | Filed under: Middletown, Monmouth County | Tags: Mayor Stephanie Murray, Middletown Township, Money Magazine | 4 Comments »