Fourteen members of a major Jersey shore drug trafficking organization (DTO) were arrested this morning by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. The DTO is alleged to be a large-scale supplier of heroin and cocaine in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex counties.
U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman joined representatives of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the DEA in announcing the arrests at the Prosecutor’s satellite office in Asbury Park.
A total of 22 defendants were charged in two complaints. 7 remain at large and one has been in custody since September on other charges.
Herve Cadet, a/k/a “Gotti,” a/k/a “Bro,” 29, of Neptune and Sayreville, New Jersey; and Eric Smith, a/k/a “EV,” a/k/a “E,” 42, of Manchester, New Jersey are the alleged leaders of the DTO. Smith is the defendant who has been incarcerated since September.
“The criminal complaints describe drug trafficking operations that have been responsible for sizable quantities of illegal narcotics on the streets of Asbury Park, Neptune Township, and the surrounding towns,” U.S. Attorney Fishman said. “We hope and expect that today’s arrests will make a real difference to the drug trafficking trade in these counties. This is not the last that you will hear from us in this fight.”
Read the rest of this entry »
By Greg Kelly
- MCHA Tavernfest ‘14 (Shrewsbury) – MORE INFO
- Haunted Hayrides at Allaire Village – MORE INFO
- Tri-State Theatre Festival (Spring Lake) – MORE INFO
- The Lightning Thief at Monmouth U. (WLB) – MORE INFO
- Hairspray at Paramount Theatre (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- A Taste of Pier Village (Long Branch) – MORE INFO
- Brookdale Haunted Theater (Lincroft) – MORE INFO
- Arts & Crafts Show at Monmouth Mall (Eatontown) – MORE INFO
- InfoAge’s Camp Evans Base of Terror! (Wall Twp) – MORE INFO
- Bus Stop at Center Playhouse (Freehold) – MORE INFO
- Rope at First Avenue Playhouse (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
- Colts Neck Community Church Fall Fest – MORE INFO
- Captain Louie at Jersey Shore Arts Center (Ocean Grove) – MORE INFO
- “Lizzie Borden Took An Axe” at Grange Playhouse (Howell) – MORE INFO
- “Hitchcock in the Twilight Zone” at Grange Playhouse (Howell) – MORE INFO
- Downtown Freehold Farmer’s Market – MORE INFO
- D-Day Exhibit at NJ National Guard Militia Museum (Sea Girt) – MORE INFO
- Live Harness Racing at Freehold Raceway – MORE INFO
- Little Shop of Horrors at Spring Lake Theatre – MORE INFO
- Run for Your Wife by Monmouth Players (Navesink) – MORE INFO
- Bluegrass Mini Golf at Monmouth Park (Oceanport) – MORE INFO
- Kids Night Out (Fair Haven) – MORE INFO
- Ghosts & Legends Downtown Tour (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Film Supermensch: Legend of Shep Gordon at Count Basie Theatre (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Matty B in Concert (Freehold) – MORE INFO
- Get Batty with Your Daddy (Tinton Falls) – MORE INFO
- Yoga for Adults (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Walking Lantern Ghost Tours (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Bonfire on the Beach (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Haunted Hall (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Introduction to Yoga (Colts Neck) – MORE INFO
- Matching Smiles Gala (Ocean Twp) – MORE INFO
- Meet Author Raymond Perrier (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
- ARC of Monmouth 65th Anniversary Celebration (Eatontown) – MORE INFO
- Hazlet FA & RS Gift Auction – MORE INFO
- Dramaticat at The Stone Pony (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
- Bo Ningen at The Wonder Bar (Asbury Park) – MORE INFO
New Jersey high school and college film students will have a chance to compete for an summer internship with Sony Pictures Classics in a contest announced today by the Count Basie Theatre.
PROJECT FX, the theater’s Statewide Student Film Festival, looks to inspire, invite and recognize emerging talent right in our own back yard and bring it before a panel of judges that can advance New Jersey’s reputation as a breeding ground for fantastic technical, directional and / or creative film making talent.
Students from all New Jersey high schools, public, private and parochial, as well as student is public and private colleges, universities and community colleges are invited to participate.
Entries, which must be no more than 10 minutes long and produced in 2013 or later, will be accepted until February 15, 2014.admin | Filed under: Art, Count Basie Theatre, Education, Monmouth County, New Jersey, News | Tags: Count Basie Theatre, Monmouth County, New Jersey, Project FX, Project FX Film Festival, Student filmakers | No Comments »
The Monmouth County Clerk of Elections’ Office told MMM that if your Voter Registration Application is post marked today, October 14, your registration will be valid today. Postage is free, but if you go to the post office, ask the postal clerk to stamp a post mark on the application, just to be sure it is dated accurately.
You can also drop your application off at your municipal clerk’s office. Three Monmouth County towns have extended hours today to accommodate new voters. Eatontown is open until 8pm. Freehold Township is open till 7:30pm and Union Beach is open till 7pm.
The County Elections Offices at 300 Halls Mill Rd, Freehold, NJ is open until 9pm to accept Voter Registration Applications. Download the form here.Posted: October 14th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Monmouth County, New Jersey, News | Tags: Eatontown, Freehold Township, Last day to register to vote, Monmouth County, Union Beach, Voter Registration | No Comments »
“What for?” ~ Monmouth Democratic Chairman Vin Gopal
Giuseppe “Joe” Grillo, a Democratic candidate for Monmouth County Freeholder and the Chairman of the Asbury Park Democrats, was arrested in Neptune Township on April 28, 2014 on a warrant issued by the Asbury Park Municipal Court.
MoreMonmouthMusings obtained Grillo’s Individual Arrest Record from the Neptune Township Police Department on Friday afternoon.
According to the report, Grillo was arrested by Officer T. Claffey at 10:31 AM on Monday April 28 for violating NJ 2A:10-1C. The report indicates Grillo’s offense was WARO, Warrent Arrest-Other.
The website law.onecle.com defines NJ 2A:10-1C as Contempt. Disobedience or resistance by any court officer, or by any party, juror, witness or any person whatsoever to any lawful writ, process, judgment, order, or command of the court.
The arrest report does not indicate the underlying offense for which Grillo was initially charged or the amount of bail, if any, he was required to post.Art Gallagher | Filed under: 2014 U.S. Senate race, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Board of Freeholders, Monmouth Democrats, New Jersey, Vin Gopal | Tags: 2014 Elections, Asbury Park, Asbury Park Democrats, Giuseppe "Joe" Grillo, Grillo arrest record, Joe Grillo, Larry Luttrell, Lawrence Luttrell, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Democrats, Monmouth Dems, Vin Gopal | 24 Comments »
Senators Joe Kyrillos (R-Monmouth) and Ray Lesniak have teamed up to sponsor legislation that will counter the professional sports leagues latest attempts to block sports betting in New Jersey.
The bill, which will be introduced during the Senate’s next session, would explicitly abolish language in state law that prohibits sports betting, a move that would reinforce the state attorney general’s effort to lift the injunction preventing the state from moving forward on plans to allow casinos and racetracks to accept wagers on sporting events. The measure would also prohibit the transport of sports-betting equipment across state lines and set an age requirement of 21 years old.
Last month acting Attorney General John Hoffman issued a directive that instructed law enforcement not to prosecute sports betting at racetracks and casinos. The Christie Administration asked U. S. District Judge Michael Shipp to rule that New Jersey is not violating federal law by decriminalizing sports betting and allowing private entities to operate and regulate the betting.admin | Filed under: Atlantic City, Horse Racing Industry, New Jersey, News, Sport Betting | Tags: Acting Attorney General John Hoffman, Atlantic City, Christie Administration, Horse Racing Industry, New Jersey, Senator Joe Kyrillos, Senator Ray Lesniak, Sports Betting | Comments Off