Long Branch Drug Dealer Gets 50 years

Anthony-Nygee-StevensonAnthony “Nygee” Stevenson, a 48 year old Long Branch restaurateur , was sentenced to 50 years in state prison today by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge John T. Mullaney, Jr, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christoper J. Gramiccioni.

Stevenson was convicted by a Monmouth County Jury in May on 91 counts of selling drugs and guns out of his Long Branch restaurant,  Christabell’s American Soul Food Restaurant.  He has been incarcerated at the Monmouth County Correction Insitution since his August 1, 2011 arrest, according to the Sheriff’s Office website.  He will be eligible for parole in 26 years.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: July 30th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Long Branch, Monmouth County Correctional Institution, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , , , , | No Comments »

Howell Man Indicted On Pedophilia Charges

Defendant is free on $125K bail

rittmanGregory Rittman, 50, of Howell Township, was Indicted by a Monmouth County Grand Jury this week on 12 counts of Sexual Assault, Endangering the Welfare of a Child and Lewdness, according to a statement by Acting Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

Rittman was arrested on Friday, Oct. 24, 2014, after authorities received a report from an employee at a McDonald’s that described lewd behavior witnessed by an 8-year-old juvenile, near the sink in the men’s bathroom of the restaurant. Rittman was charged with one count each of second degree Sexual Assault, third degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child, fourth degree Lewdness and a disorderly persons charge of Harassment. He was released after posting $73,000 bail with no 10-percent option, as set by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Teresa A. Kondrup-Coyle, J.S.C.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: July 17th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Howell, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Correctional Institution, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , , , | 2 Comments »

Tinton Falls man who wrote cops deserve to die on facebook has charges dismissed

Matthew Reardon, facebook (300x300)

Matthew Reardon, photo via facebook

FREEHOLD — A Superior Court judge on Friday dismissed charges against a Tinton Falls man whose Facebook posts in the wake of two New York City police shootings last year said cops deserved to die. Saying his online speech is constitutionally protected, Assignment Judge Lisa Thornton cleared Matthew Reardon, 29, of all charges, said his attorney,… Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: July 16th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor, Tinton Falls | Tags: , , , , , , | 4 Comments »

Asbury Park Man Charged With Kiddie Porn

assetContentJohan J. Murrieta, 20, of the 300 block of 8th Avenue in Asbury Park, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with 4 counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

A series of CyberTips received from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children indicating child pornography was being distributed electronically lead to an investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Computer Crimes Unit, Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force which revealed that on three separate days, images of child pornography were distributed using three different email accounts – all the accounts were accessed by an individual using an IP address associated with Murrieta’s home.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: July 2nd, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Asbury Park, Crime, Crime and Punishment, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Correctional Institution, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Asbury Park Man Charged With Kiddie Porn

SCAT Dispatcher Pleads Guilty To Obstruction

gavelMickey Major, 54, of Howell Township and a former dispatcher for the Monmouth County Special Citizens Assisted Transportation (SCAT) buses, pleaded guilty to Obstruction of Justice after admitting that he shredded fare envelopes while the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office was investigating the collection of fares, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

Major worked as dispatcher at the Center Street, Freehold location of the Monmouth County Division of Transportation, where he dispatched SCAT buses, but was also tasked with reconciling fare reports with the actual fare amounts collected and reported by the drivers. On Sept. 16, 2014, detectives arrived at the Center Street location and discovered Major shredded the envelopes and fled from the office in his vehicle.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: June 24th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Howell, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on SCAT Dispatcher Pleads Guilty To Obstruction

86 year old man charged with sexually assaulting a 13 year old boy

Albert DeCresci

Albert DeCresci

 

Albert DeCresci, 86, a resident of the Seabrook retirement community in Tinton Falls and formerly of Rumson, was charged with Second Degree Sexual Assault and Third Degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child after being caught in the act of sexually assaulting a 13 year old boy, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

DeCresci was arrested in a Seabrook dining room by the Tinton Falls Police Department on June 5, 2015.  He is in custody of the Monmouth County Correctional Institution where he is being held on $250,000 bail with no 10% option as set by Judge Honora O’Brien Kilgallen, J.S.C. O’Brien Kilgallen ordered that DeCresci have no contact with the alleged victim in the event that he makes bail.

Investigators are urging any additional victims to come forward by contacting Detective Delisa Brazile, of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office at 732-620-4045, or Detective Robert Wilson, of the Tinton Falls Police Department at 732-542-3400 ext. 443.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: June 15th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Correctional Institution, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor, Rumson, Tinton Falls | Tags: , , , , , , | Comments Off on 86 year old man charged with sexually assaulting a 13 year old boy

Monmouth Regional Teacher Charged With Having Sexual Relations With A Student

Nicholas DePue

Nicholas DePue,  Photo via Deseret News

Nicholas DePue, 29 of Jackson, a teacher at Monmouth Regional High School, surrendered to authorities on Wednesday on charges that he had inappropriate sexual contact with a student under the age of 18, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

DePue is charged with second degree counts of Sexual Assault and Endangering the Welfare of a Child. He was released after posting a $100,000 bond, as set by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Jamie Perri, J.S.C., who also ordered DePue have no contact with his victim and he is not to return to the scene of his crimes.

A College Prep Biology teacher, DePue was an Assistant Coach of the Falcons wrestling team and a set designer for the school’s drama club.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: June 4th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Monmouth Regional Teacher Charged With Having Sexual Relations With A Student

Dueling Mayors in Belmar

Dueling Belmar Mayors

Belmar Mayor Matt Doherty and Former Mayor Ken Pringle

Belmar Mayor Matt Doherty said, “Ken Pringle is like a jaded ex-girlfriend who won’t go away.”

Ken Pringle, who was mayor of the oceanfront borough for 20 years before Doherty took over in 2011, isn’t sure how many times he’s sued Doherty and the borough since he left office. “Four or five, I’m not sure.”

Both Doherty and Pringle, who served together for four years, are Democrats.  Doherty was a councilman during Pringle’s last term as mayor.

At issue is the beachfront and money.

Pringle contends that Doherty and the Council are using the Beach Utility Fund to subsidize borough operations and to keep property taxes artificially low, in violation of the Public Trust Doctrine.  Doherty says that while Pringle was mayor Belmar’s property taxpayers subsidized the beach and that Pringle raised taxes 14 years in a row.   Doherty has not increased Belmar’s taxes since becoming mayor, keeping the borough’s spending flat at 2010 levels.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: May 11th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Beach Access, Belmar, Birdsall Engineering, Matt Doherty, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment »

Gun Toting Drug Dealers Out On Bail

DSC_0023

AR-15 assault rifle

Two Neptune Township men arrested last week after a month-long investigation revealed they were in possession of 600 decks of heroin ready for sale and three guns; a AR-15 assault rifle, a defaced 9mm handgun and a .40-caliber handgun have been released after posting bail, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

Kahil Aziz, 25, already a convicted felon, was released after posting $235,000 bail as set by Neptune Township Municipal Court Judge Robin Wernik. Joel Jones, 30, was released after posting $200,000 bail as set by Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Honora O’Brien Kilgallen.  No 10% bail option was available to either defendant.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: May 5th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County Prosecutor, Neptune Township | Tags: , , , , , , | Comments Off on Gun Toting Drug Dealers Out On Bail

Staten Island Scammer Gets 7 Years In Mortgage Scheme

Mario ConigloneMario Coniglione, 51, of the Tottenville section of Staten Island, NY was sentenced to seven years in New Jersey State Prison today for stealing more than $187,000 in mortgage payments from two New Jersey couples, according to a statement by Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.

Posing as a mortgage broker, Coniglione pocketed over $100,000 from a Freehold couple and $75,000 from a Jackson couple over a 33 month period in 2010 through August of 2013 when he was arrested.  He pleaded guilty to two counts of  second degree theft in December.  In addition to the 7 year sentence,  Judge Anthony J. Mellaci, Jr ordered that Coniglione pay restitution of $187,562.40 to the victims.

 

Posted: April 17th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Crime, Crime and Punishment, Monmouth County, Monmouth County Court, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Prosecutor | Tags: , , , | Comments Off on Staten Island Scammer Gets 7 Years In Mortgage Scheme