Garden State Equality, the powerful LGBTG advocacy group, announced today that it is moving its headquarters to Asbury Park in a fundraising email by Executive Director Christian Fuscarino.
Fuscarino said the move was prompted by his desire to have a headquarters that is ADA compliant and by Asbury Park’s history as a LGBT gathering place.
Four months ago, I joined Garden State Equality, and I knew right away a few things needed to change. One was our office location.
Our current office is located in Montclair on the second floor of the Congregational Church’s office building. The building opened in 1920 and is beautiful, but unfortunately it is only accessible via a stairwell.
We cannot be an organization that promotes inclusion when some people cannot even access our office.
That is why I am proud to announce that Garden State Equality will be moving its headquarters to an ADA compliant space in Asbury Park, a central location that is both easy to access and easy to get to from most of New Jersey.
Asbury Park has a long history as an LGBT gathering place, a place where many LGBT New Jerseyans have gone to find safety and community even before the start of our movement. Therefore, it is only fitting that Asbury Park will become our new home.
The organization’s new office will be located at 1408 Main Street, between 6th Ave. and Sunset Ave in the space formerly occupied by Yes Graphic.
Yes Graphic has moved its studio across the street to 1415 Main.
Before Tommy DeSeno gets excited, GSE’s new location is not owned by Madison Marquette. I checked.
Posted: July 15th, 2016 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Asbury Park, Garden State Equality, Monmouth County, Monmouth County News | Tags: Asbury Park, Christian Fuscarino, Garden State Equality, LGBT, Monmouth County News, Tommy DeSeno | 3 Comments »
More from my site
- DeSeno: Garden State Equality’s Executive Director, Christian Fuscarino, Fails the LGBTQ Community Again
- Anti-Religious Asbury Park City Council Violated Constitution, Unwittingly Supported Hate and Neglected Black People
- Bruce Springsteen, Will You Support Asbury Park Gays Against Bigotry and Refuse to Play There, Too?
- Garden State Equality and Frivolous Deeds of Treachery
- Political Wards in Asbury Park: A Great Idea That Won’t Happen
- Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce to Honor Company Connected to Homophobic, Racist Sheikh
- A Pussy Riot in Asbury Park
- Islamic Company Selling “Sharia-Compliant Mortgages” Controls Asbury Park, NJ’s Boardwalk
- This Memorial Day, Remember American Military Killed at the Urging of the Asbury Park Connected Sheikh, Taqi Usmani
- Asbury Park Connected Sheikh, Who Avows Terror, Now More Influential Than Ever