What is Vin Gopal running for?

Vin fundraising for Raj Mukherji1Back in February of 2013, Governor Chris Christie said that Monmouth County Democratic Chairman Vin Gopal practices “the politics of yesterday.”

Gopal had issued a statement threatening Sea Bright Mayor Dina Long with “the restructuring of the Democratic Party in Sea Bright, to ensure that the true voice of Democrats is one that prevails” in response to the news that Long was endorsing Christie’s reelection as governor.

Long has since left the Democratic Party and is running unopposed, as an Independent, for another term as Sea Bright’s mayor. But that is another story.

Since Christie accused Gopal of practicing the politics of yesterday, it has become very clear that Christie was and is practicing politics with an eye towards a future office. Gopal seems to be doing the same.

While Gopal’s Monmouth Democratic Party has no candidates in multiple municipal races and few can name his candidates for county and legislative offices (you can’t even find the names of those candidates on the Monmouth Dems website), ┬áVin is traveling the state raising money for North Jersey Democrats.

On Wednesday night, Gopal was the host of a fundraiser for Hudson County Assemblyman Rah Mukherji.

If I were a Monmouth County Democratic candidate for Assembly, Freeholder or Clerk, I’d want to know why the Party is not promoting local candidates while the chairman is on the road.

Posted: May 15th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Monmouth County, Monmouth Democrats, NJ Democrats, Vin Gopal | Tags: , , , , , , | 7 Comments »

7 Comments on “What is Vin Gopal running for?”

1. Vin the Bag Man said at 7:48 am on May 15th, 2015:

Cut it out Art! I’m raising money in Hudson County b/c that’s where the envelopes of cash are!

If there is one thing Joe Vas taught me while I was running the campaign that ended up getting him indicted and jailed for campaign cash violations, it’s that you don’t need to win elections (good thing, since I can’t) to make a lot of money in politics!!

2. The Voice of Steve Fulop said at 9:11 am on May 15th, 2015:

He’s traveling to Hudson County because he’s trying to get me to funnel 5 figures to his second tier candidates again! And I’ll do it because I want to be Governor!

3. The Voice of Steve Sweeney said at 9:13 am on May 15th, 2015:

F*** you Steve! Vin’s supporting me for Governor! Vin don’t let these guys bust your balls. Who cares if you ignore your organization and don’t have any candidates in half your towns? Just keep sucking up to me and my labor goons and you’ll be fine

4. The Deflator said at 8:06 pm on May 15th, 2015:

Vin needs to gain some weight. He looks like he hasn’t been getting enough to eat, and it’s starting to go to his head.

5. He needs to run said at 1:26 pm on May 16th, 2015:

for cover, then move up to where his tactics are the norm.. has been unsuccessful thus far, with the search-and- destroy, personal- destruction mentality so commonplace, in politics today: but, our county never needed all of that, in the first place, anyway..the idea is/ has been to beat them with better ideas, not all the nasty lies and attacks.. Out!!

6. Bob English said at 4:38 pm on May 16th, 2015:

At “he needs to run”…any comments about the sleazy slimily lying campaign ran by the New Jersey Republican State Committee when Gopal ran for office?

7. The Deflator said at 8:50 pm on May 16th, 2015:

@Bob English: Don’t worry about Vin. First they ignore Vin, then they laugh at Vin, then they attack Vin, and then Vin wins.